Keep Your Home California Highlights:
Unemployment Mortgage Assistance
For eligible unemployed homeowners.
Mortgage assistance of up to $3,000 per month for unemployed homeowners who are collecting or approved to receive unemployment benefits.
Mortgage Reinstatement Assistance Program
For eligible homeowners who have fallen behind on their mortgage payments.
Funding of up to $25,000 to help qualified homeowners catch up on their mortgage payments.
Principal Reduction Program
For eligible homeowners who have suffered a financial hardship and owe more than their home is worth.
Financial assistance to help pay down the principal balance of a mortgage loan.
Transition Assistance Program
For eligible homeowners who are undergoing a short sale or deed-in-lieu of foreclosure program.
Financial help to make a smooth transition into stable and affordable housing.
- Own and occupy the home as primary residence
- Meet program income limits
- Have documented, eligible hardship
- Adequate income to sustain modified mortgage payments
- Mortgage loan is delinquent or in imminent default
Basic Property Requirements:
- Unpaid principal balance does not exceed $729,750
- Property must not be abandoned, vacant or condemned
- Property must be located in California
HomeStrong USA is an approved provider of Keep Your Home California's Programs.
* To see specific eligibility requirements for each program, please refer to www.KeepYourHomeCalifornia.org.